Opportunities Through FPAOC
To post an open position in the financial planning profession, please submit your ad in an email as an attachment in WORD to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Financial Planner
Prosperity Wealth Planning is a boutique financial planning practice that respects and cares about our team as much as we do our clients. We work with a variety of clients with a specific niche in planning for automotive professionals. With our core values of simplicity, transparency, and progress, we are driven to transform clients into members of our family, and ultimately, firm advocates
through the successful use of client-centric fiduciary standards and values-based financial planning.
The Associate Planner will prepare financial plans and reviews and cover all aspects of financial planning, from the discovery process to implementation and ongoing support. Clients are located primarily in Southern California and Texas, with a few residing in other states. Responsibilities include: • Conduct ongoing client meetings; take notes and become familiar with client needs; meetings are both virtual and (as pandemic restrictions allow) face to face • Analyze and evaluate client portfolios • Actively participate in community programs/events to promote client and community awareness of the firm • Work alongside firm’s Client Experience Manager to assist clients with ongoing needs • Meet with prospective clients to evaluate their needs and make recommendations • Prepare financial plans using Money Guide Pro • Rebalance client’s investment accounts
• Experience or familiarity with financial planning concepts (CFP certificate program preferred)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (with impeccable grammar)
• 5+ years of work experience in a professional environment
• Ability to synthesize complex concepts for translation into written form
• Technological savvy, with expert skills in Microsoft Word/Excel and Adobe Acrobat
• Detail-focused with highly organized work habits including excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other client database programs
• Series 7 and 66 optional
Intelligence, efficiency, adaptability, and a personal commitment to excellence are highly valued, along with a desire to maintain a positive work environment. High energy and the ability to work independently are important as well. As with all members of our team, applicants should have a natural commitment to, and find satisfaction in, seeing projects through to their optimal outcome. Because the financial services industry is highly regulated, all applicants must have high ethical standards, respect for client confidentiality, and the ability to pass an extensive background check. Compensation Total compensation is made up of a base salary, production bonus and performance bonus. In addition, we offer employer-sponsored health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid sick and vacation time. Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience. The position is located in Southern California.
How to Apply
• Email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position to Harry Emery at email@example.com
• The email subject line should read: Associate Financial Planner – “your last name”
Job Description – Paraplanner
Eclectic Associates is seeking an individual to join our team. Our office is located in Fullerton, California.
As a paraplanner, you will be responsible for managing our portfolio accounting system (Black Diamond), processing daily trades, supporting financial advisors, and working with the paraplanner team to service our existing clients. The position might have a path towards earning a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
- Review, reconcile and post client transactions into our portfolio management system (Black Diamond)
- Analyze, research, and classify transaction exceptions resulting from distributions, return-of-capital, mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and splits
- Maintain private asset transactions (buys, sells, income, return-of-principal, valuation updates)
- Manage data feeds across multiple systems/integrations
- Black Diamond
- Microsoft Dynamics/Engage CRM
- iRebal – trading system
- Prepare internal and ad hoc reports for the investment team
- Responsibilities will expand to include client onboarding, quarterly appraisals, compliance and management reports, writing procedures and how-to guides, and assist with technology projects
- Support other back-office responsibilities
- Mid to high-level experience in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, data analysis and other technology responsibilities
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply portfolio accounting practices
- Ability to prioritize and independently manage your daily tasks. Must work effectively on your own and as part of a team
- Experience creating, following, and improving internal procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Possess effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be a reliable morning person
- Must be detail oriented
- Maintain a “client-first” service focus
- Conduct yourself ethically and respect client confidentiality
About Eclectic Associates
Eclectic Associates, Inc. is a comprehensive financial planning firm in Fullerton, California. Eclectic Associates is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a Registered Investment Advisor. Eclectic Associates’ goal is to provide the finest fee-only financial advice to our clients, enabling them to meet their financial goals. As fiduciaries, we put our client interests before our own and consistently conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- A challenging work environment where you directly impact our clients’ lives
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Potential for semi-annual profitability/performance bonus
- Retirement plan (after 3 years of service)
- Medical, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for professional growth and continuing education
Please provide a resume when applying. Job Type: Full-time http://www.eclecticassociates.com/
AWM’s Mission: To empower each member of our community to own all facets of their wealth in a comprehensive way, that maximizes their financial well-being, as well as the impact and legacy they will leave on their community and beyond. AWM works as trusted partners with athletes, business founders, and venture capitalists to help them see that wealth is comprehensive.
• Driven to Win – partnering with clients to make successful lifetime decisions
• Empathetic – going beyond wealth management to look out for our clients’ best interests in all
that they do
• Gritty – we’re scrappy and we don’t quit
• Impactful – help clients sustain their success by leveraging their wealth to maximize and
impact all areas of their lives
• Intellectually Curious – always on the hunt for ways to grow, adapt, and improve
• Ownership – each team members takes extreme ownership over their own job and our
collective work together; we all act as owners in the success of our clients
AWM Private Wealth Advisor Role
A Private Wealth Advisor at AWM focuses on communicating with clients and responding to their needs by collaborating effectively with all members of the firm in order to provide the highest level of quality and excellence for our clients.
• Project management of all client-related assignments and tasks for each client
• Draft and implement financial plans as part of a financial planning team
• Work with AWM’s Investment team on financial plan implementation
• Actively participate in client meetings
• Take the lead on answering/routing client questions
• Active collaboration with firm’s planning team and share best practices
• Assign projects to Senior Associates and Associates and supervise their quality and timeliness
• 3-5 years of experience in a financial planning role
• Ability to be coached & mentored in the AWM Capital Way
• Bachelor’s Degree
• CFP® certification (required); CPWA® certification a plus
To Apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asset Planning, Inc. (API), founded in 1998, is all women owned fee-only independent financial planning and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, dedicated to doing what is best for our clients. We currently manage over $370 million in assets with a steady flow of new client relationships. The firm is a NAPFA Corporate Member, with over 30 years’ experience.
To be successful at API, our team members must have a passion for personal finance and client service as well as enjoy working among a tight-knit team of colleagues. Our core values align with the importance of family and work/life balance; and treating our clients with the upmost care as we would do for our own clients.
Position: Associate Financial Advisor/Planner
This position encompasses investment research, trading, and financial planning support for the 3 owners/lead advisors of the firm. Key Responsibilities will include:
- Perform on-going research and monitoring of investments. Meet with investment fund representatives and listen to webinars as needed. Assist in portfolio allocations, models , rebalancing, and placing trades. Conduct portfolio reviews with lead advisors.
- Collaborate with Financial Advisors and Para Planner in creating financial plans for clients including investment reviews, retirement modeling, insurance analysis, tax mitigation planning , college planning, Social Security analysis, lump sum vs annuity pension analysis, and various other wealth management client needs.
- Research ad-hoc topics & complete special projects as assigned
- Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of related experience, ideally with an independent wealth management firm, RIA, or financial services firm.
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude, high ethical/ customer service standards, and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Extremely detailed-oriented, analytical, strong focus on accuracy
- Must possess series 65 securities license or obtain within 3-months of hiring and be able to pass all state and SEC regulatory requirements. Series 65 not necessary if licensed CFP.
- Licensed CFP or close to sitting for exam. Will consider CFA candidates as well.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills a must
- Must be able to assess and take initiative independently . Always looking to improve processes.
- Ability to learn new software easily. Experience using Morningstar Workstation, TD Ameritrade and Schwab’s trading platforms, Naviplan preferred.
- Ability to maintain friendly and professional verbal and written communication with our clients
- Bachelor’s Degree. Major in financial planning, math, finance, economics, business preferred.
- Compensation based on investment and financial planning experience. Base Salary with performance bonus
- 401K match and profit sharing(must compete 1 year of service/1,000 hours.
- Healthcare Benefit, Cell Phone, continuing education & licensing allowance
- Full time paid time off: 5 sick days, 14 holidays, and 2 weeks vacation increasing with years of service. Half days every other Friday.
Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Financial Planner / Wealth Manager
This Financial Planner/Wealth Manager position will work with YCM’s Director of Wealth Management, in creating comprehensive Retirement and Advanced Financial Plans, focused on asset protection and wealth planning strategies. In this role, you will work directly with clients in not only providing sound, financial planning guidance, but helping them make sense of their financial lives in actionable ways. In addition to the primary role of Financial Planner, depending on the candidate’s current experience and personal career goals, this position could also include a Wealth Manager position, focused on managing existing client relationships, as well as developing new client relationships.
You’re a fit if you:
- Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree (finance, accounting, economics or business is preferred)
- Have a CFP® certification or currently in a CFP® certification program
- Have 5+ years of previous financial planning experience
- Have strong financial analytical skills, are detail oriented and can present information in a clear and client-friendly format
- Have a Consultative approach, including active listening and assessment of needs, with the ability to change approach based on individual needs and circumstances
- Are eager to learn advanced Asset Protection and Estate Planning strategies
- Have initiative and ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial collaborative environment
- Have strong multi-tasking capability and ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Possess strong technical systems skills with the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Having 4-5 years of Investment Management experience is desired, with a Series 65 License and a clean CRD/U-4 record
What you will do:
- Create new financial Retirement plans for clients based on their current situation, future goals and objectives
- Assist Director of Wealth Management create advanced Retirement plans solutions that integrates retirement planning with advanced asset protection and estate planning strategies
- Assist Director of Wealth Management in on-going support and service of Investment clients
- Update existing financial plans for annual client review meetings
What we offer:
- Pay and benefits are competitive based on industry standards, with opportunities for bonuses
- Long-term professional development in both Advanced Financial Planning & Investment Management (if applicable)
- Leading to potential increased financial planning income, combined with asset management fees (if applicable)
- Potential CFP Certification expense reimbursement
- Collaborative team environment
To apply for this position:
- Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are selected from your resume review, you will be contacted for an interview
- Applying for this position may require certain background checks
Yosemite Capital Management is a Registered Investment Advisory firm dedicated to meeting the financial and life planning needs of affluent clients. A fee-only firm registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission, we were established in 2001 with the goal of offering investment management and financial planning to help our clients protect their wealth and plan for their retirement. We believe our approach to wealth management is unique, by integrating our clients’ investment management needs with their transition to retirement and advanced estate planning needs that focuses on the enhancement, protection and transfer of their wealth.