The NexGen Community
Our “NexGen” group is a sub-community of FPA geared toward aspiring and early-career CFP® professionals. We envision our group to be a place where those who are still learning and growing as professionals can come to network and learn from those who have gone before us.
FPA NexGen Vision Statement
“Elevate the profession that transforms lives through the power of financial planning.”
FPA NexGen Strategic Directive
“To educate, promote, and integrate the next generation of CFP® professionals”
NexGen enacts this directive through the following service lines:
- Community: Foster inclusive communities dedicated to the development of the next generation of CFP® professionals.
- Education: Provide high-quality content about the practice, business, and profession of financial planning.
- Career success: Promote the growth and quality of the next generation of CFP® professionals’ careers.
- Advocacy: Promote FPA and CFP® professionals as the credible voice in financial planning.
If you are interested in being a member of the Orange County NexGen community or joining the NexGen committee, email Leslie Rea.
To view more information about the FPA NexGen community on the national level click the link below.
FPAOC All-Chapter Mixer
Don’t miss FPA of Orange County’s All-Chapter Mixer! Come meet new connections and catch up with old friends at this special evening. Invite your friends who need to be a part of this great organization.
Cost is $20 online/$25 at the door and includes complimentary first drink and appetizers. Parking is free.
NexGen Regional Conference
Join us for the 5th annual SoCal Summit! The NexGen Chapters of San Diego, Orance County, Los Angeles, and Ventura County will come together for a day of shared learning. Come meet someone new, acquire a new skill, or share your story. Or all the above!
Cost is $25, Students are $5.
NexGen Study Group
November’s Topic: Tax Update with Mark Prendergast
Are you entering the Financial Planning Profession? Join us for the new NexGen Study Group! Whether you’d like to get to know others in the profession, strengthen your knowledge, or find an answer to a specific question, this group is for you. There is no cost to attend, and breakfast and parking are included.
- Please park in the covered structure for Building 660. The garage is next to the building however you need to walk across San Simeon Dr.
- The meeting is held in suite 650, please ring the doorbell if the door is locked.
- We validate parking at the end of the meeting.