Internships, Scholarships, and Educational Discounts
FPA Orange County Internships
Host FPA Member benefits of taking in an intern:
- Opportunity to evaluate a potential employee without obligation for permanent employment.
- Members can seamlessly convert interns into full-time employees who can be immediately productive. Cost-per-hire is significantly decreased.
- Gain community respect and goodwill as the community and other employers learn of your support of local college students.
- You can help develop the Financial Planning profession.
- Benefit from cutting edge technologies, perspectives, and relevant skills currently being learned in college.
- Help individuals experience our fluctuating industry.
Benefits for the Intern:
- Make critical professional contacts.
- Gain valuable experience and knowledge of the Financial Planning process and the industry.
- Confidence will improve.
- Learn the business side of a Financial Planning practice.
- Gain valuable work experience toward CFP Board requirement.
- Applying academic learning to hands-on situations.
For more information please contact: Linda Barlow (714) 953-1232.
FPA Orange County CFP® Scholarships
FPA of Orange County proudly awards CFP® scholarships to deserving chapter members. Three times per year, correlating with the CFP® exam cycle, FPAOC will award a $200 scholarship to be applied toward the exam fee or exam preparations. Applications must be received by March 1, July 1 or November 1, and the recipient will be notified shortly thereafter.
FPA National Scholarships
FPA offers a variety of valuable scholarships. You can find additional opportunities at www.OneFPA.org.
- FPA Diversity Scholarship – Allows recipients to attend an FPA national conference, collaborate with the FPA community and promote inclusivity and creativity within the financial planning profession. The Scholarship is awarded to financial services students and professionals who demonstrate and act upon an intense desire to promote diversity in the financial planning profession. Click here for more information.
- NexGen National Gathering Scholarship – Receive a conference scholarship that will cover your registration fee, onsite lodging, conference meals starting from dinner Friday night to breakfast Sunday morning, and reasonable travel expenses to and from the conference site. Click here for more information.
FPA National Education Discounts
Nationally, FPA has partnered with a number of leading education providers in the financial services space to ensure FPA members have access to the best resources at the best possible rates. Explore the offers, available exclusively to FPA members, to find the best fit for your educational needs.